Skip to main content

Damage adjustment

At Alphabet we respond to all your queries and needs.

Below you will find a list of FAQs on damage and breakdowns.

What should I do to report damage to my vehicle caused as a result of an accident, collision, crime or the car window being damaged or broken?

You should always report each damage directly to Alphabet Assistance.

What are the consequences for the delay in reporting damage to Alphabet?

A delay may result in a limitation or refusal of the insurer for damage. Reporting of damage in a short time before the planned date of termination of the contract may prevent it from being serviced and repaired, and thus its settlement as part of the cost of abnormal vehicle consumption.

I would like to report the damage caused to the vehicle - what do I have to do?

Contact Alphabet Assistance 24h or use a dedicated claim form.

Where can I find the Alphabet Assistance number?

The phone number can be found on the vehicle card and the driver's card and in AlphaGuide app.

Do I have to report the damage to the insurer besides reporting the damage to the Alphabet?

Reporting the damage from the vehicle AC policy is made by Alphabet. The lessee or vehicle user should report the damage to the appropriate insurer of the perpetrator of the damage, noting the number assigned. The workshop indicated by Alphabet may help in reporting damage to the insurer of the perpetrator of the damage.

Is it possible to report the damage through a mobile application?

Yes - you can use the AlphaGuide app to report demage.

Where can I repair the damage?

After reporting the damage to Alphabet, a workshop / supplier dedicated to handling and repairing the damage will be assigned and indicated.

When will the damage repair be carried out?

If the vehicle has not been towed away after the incident, the supplier or workshop assigned to handle the damage during the notification will contact the user in order to arrange the details of the repair and completion - usually no longer than within 5 working days.

What should I do if the workshop has not contacted me regarding the claim adjustment?

Check if you have received notification about accepting the claim by Alphabet with the indication of the workshop.

Send an inquiry / notification in the subject matter to the following email address

What should I do in the process of claims adjustment? What documents and information should be provided?

You should complete and submit the following documents for the liability claims to be examined by the insurance company:

  • a signed, fully and legibly completed damage report form;
  • copy of both sides of the vehicle registration certificate or the original confirmation of their vehicle registration certificate having been seized by the police;
  • copy of both sides of the driver's driving licence at the time when the incident occurred;
  • copy of the valid vehicle insurance certificate;
  • other documents such as the original admission of liability by the at-fault party with details required for the pursuit of recourse claims, note/report made by the police at the scene of the incident; and
  • if the vehicle has been stolen, a certificate issued by the police that the vehicle theft has been reported, including the vehicle's VIN number.
Where can I obtain a damage report form to be filled in?

You can obtain the damage report form in the service centre or, if you provided your e-mail address when reporting the damage, the form will be sent to you by e-mail.

Who carries out a visual inspection of the vehicle for damage?

The inspection is carried out by the service center or representative of the insurer indicated by Alphabet, who may contact the driver in this case. Performing a vehicle inspection by an authorized appraiser is the basis for considering the liability of the insurer for damage.

If and when do I have to notify the police about the damage?

The vehicle user should report the theft of the vehicle or its elements, as well as intentional damages (eg vandalism, burglary to the vehicle) to the police within 12 hours of noticing the damage, recording and providing the police unit with a damage notification.

I have been an aggrieved party in an incident - what should I do?

If the driver is an aggrieved party, they should obtain all necessary details of the at-fault party such as:

  • insurer's name;
  • third party insurance policy number;
  • validity term of the at-fault party's insurance policy; and
  • admission of liability, with all the at-fault party's details.

Once provided with this information, Alphabet Polska can file the claim with the at-fault party's insurance company. We recommend to print out the model statement. This will make it easier for you to follow the procedure and collect data if any damage occurs. In case of any controversies, you must call the police to draw up an incident record on the spot. 

This procedure is also to be followed when the vehicle has been damaged as a result of having hit a pothole, snow falling from a building, using a car wash etc.

Where can I find the form for a joint statement about damage?

A joint road accident statement is included in the package of documents provided when the vehicle was issued. It can also be written entirely by hand. It should cover the circumstances of the damage and the extent of damage to the vehicle as well as the data of the perpetrator of the damage, a statement of guilt, the name of the insurer and the policy number of the perpetrator.

I would like to check if the perpetrator's vehicle had valid insurance at the time of the incident. How to do it?

Verification can be done via the UFG website.

How long can I use a replacement car due to my car being repaired?

You are entitled to a replacement car for the maximum time of repairing the vehicle, but not longer than it results from the agreement with Alphabet Polska. In the event of total loss or theft of the vehicle, the replacement vehicle is entitled to a maximum of 30 days from the event and not longer than for the duration of the contract. We remind you that in order to avoid additional costs, a replacement car should be returned on the day the repair is finished or guaranteed to be made available, in the condition resulting from normal operation and with the same amount of fuel as when it was delivered. The return of a replacement car can be arranged via Alphabet Assistance 24h.

Where can the damage of an electric car be repaired?

The repair of damage to an electric car due to its construction must be carried out by service centers authorized by the manufacturer who are authorized to service electric cars.

Who authorizes damage repair costs?

The costs of repairing the damage are each time authorized by Alphabet Polska and the insurer in the case of repairs financed from insurance policies.

Who will inform me about the completion of the repair?

After completing the repair, the service contacts you to set a deadline for returning the repaired car.

Total loss / vehicle theft - what are my additional responsibilities?

The user is obliged to immediately hand over to Alphabet, upon receipt of all documents and vehicle ownership, i.e.

  • registration document (for total loss and theft of the vehicle) or original receipt for retaining the registration certificate by the police (for total damage),
  • a certificate issued by the police about the theft of a registration certificate with the vehicle (for theft of a vehicle),
  • a certificate from the police about your registration with the vehicle's VIN number (for theft of the vehicle),
  • the original confirmation of the TPL insurance,
  • a set of keys issued to the vehicle or a receipt for the police to stop the keys;
  • books - service / maintenance;

ATTENTION: Theft of the vehicle with vehicle documents or keys may result in the insurer's liability not being liable for damage


I found some paint damage which had not been caused by an accident or collision - what should I do?

You should have your car checked in an authorised service centre where a guarantee repair will be considered. When visiting the service centre, you should have and present a valid vehicle service record with all necessary stamps.

When should I ask for my vehicle to be towed?

Towing of a vehicle is justified when the vehicle is damaged to such extent that it is immobile or cannot be driven safely and in compliance with the applicable law, e.g.: its windscreen is broken, external lights are damaged or broken, the left side mirror is missing.

What is the car repair procedure?

Once your request has been recorded, Alphabet Polska will notify the insurance company of damage and send the repair order to the service centre. The service centre will contact you and set the car repair date (if the vehicle was not towed after the incident). Then the service centre will file the collected documents with the insurance company and, having obtained the approval for the repair scope and costs, will proceed to repair the vehicle. Upon completion of the repair, the service centre will contact the driver to set a date for the repaired vehicle to be collected.

The vehicle registration certificate has been seized as a result of an accident or collision - what should I do?

You should provide the original confirmation of your vehicle registration certificate having been seized to the service centre repairing your car. You will be provided with the vehicle registration certificate along with the vehicle once the repair has been completed.

Which damage/events can be excluded from the insurer's scope of liability?

The insurance company can reject or limit liability and refuse to pay compensation if:

  • the deadline set for reporting the damage has been exceeded, which affected the scope of the insurer's liability;
  • the actual damage was found inconsistent with the circumstances described in the damage report form;
  • defects not related to the damage were found in the repaired element;
  • the car did not have a valid technical inspection when the damage occurred;
  • the driver was not authorised to drive the vehicle;
  • not all details of the at-fault party were collected;
  • the damage does not exceed the value of the integral franchise set for the comprehensive insurance policy as regards the net vehicle repair costs; or
  • the damage does not exceed the deductible value set for the comprehensive insurance policy as regards the net vehicle repair costs; or
  • not all required documents were submitted (e.g.: completed and signed damage report form);
  • the reported vehicle damage results from how the vehicle was operated or a driving mistake (e.g.: corrosion, filling the car with wrong fuel, damage to the engine as a result of water being sucked into it)
  • the incident was not reported to the police although required.

Other liability exclusions are described in the general vehicle insurance terms.

The contract executed with Alphabet does not cover the claims adjustment service - what should I do?

Report the damage with the insurance company, print out and complete the damage report form and send it to the address: Alphabet Polska will register the report and issue a vehicle repair authorisation. Once provided with such authorisation, you can adjust the claim with the service centre and insurance company of your choice.